Don't miss out
Get a copy of "5 Tips for a Fast PC" when you sign up for our free "PC Tips" newsletter.Subscribe Now
What is the Security Widget? What does it do?
Posted by CompuClever Support Team on 06 July 2015 04:38 PM
Security Widget is the quick and easy way to monitor and control CompuClever Antivirus Plus. Adding this small and unintrusive widget to your desktop lets you see critical information and perform key tasks at all times:
● open the main window of CompuClever Antivirus Plus.
● monitor scanning activity in real-time.
● monitor the security status of your system and fix any existing issues.
● view when an update is in progress.
● view notifications and get access to the latest events reported by CompuClever Antivirus Plus.
● scan files or folders by dragging and dropping one or multiple items over the widget.
They require your immediate attention and must be fixed as soon as possible. Click the status icon to begin fixing the reported issues.
When issues are reported, click the status icon to launch the Fix Issues wizard.
The lower side of the widget displays the unread events counter (the number of outstanding events reported by CompuClever, if any). Click the event counter, for example for one unread event, to open the Events window.
Scanning files and folders
You can use the Security Widget to quickly scan files and folders. Drag any file or folder you want to be scanned and drop it over the Security Widget. The Antivirus Scan wizard will appear and guide you through the scanning process. The scanning options are pre-configured for the best detection results and cannot be changed If infected files are detected, CompuClever Antivirus Plus will try to disinfect them (remove the malware code). If disinfection fails, the Antivirus Scan wizard will allow you to specify other actions to be taken on infected files.
Hide / show Security Widget
When you no longer want to see the widget, click X button.
To restore Security Widget, use one of the following methods:
● From system tray:
1. Right-click the CompuClever Antivirus Plus icon in the system tray icon.
2. Click Show Security Widget in the contextual menu that appears.
● From the CompuClever interface:
1. Open the CompuClever window.
2. Click the icon at the top of the window and select General Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. In the General Settings window, select the General Settings tab.
4. Turn on Display Security Widget by clicking the corresponding switch.